Work First Family Assistance is a time limited cash assistance program for families with dependent children with an emphasis on job placement for all recipients.
Work First Family Assistance also includes referrals to other helping agencies in the community.
Family Assistance Services Include:
- temporary aid cash assistance
- referrals to other helping agencies in the community
- Appointments not accepted.
- Clients comes to Social Services, applications are taken on a first come - first serve basis.
What to bring with you
- Proof of income
- Children's birth certificates
- Social Security cards.
How are services paid for?
Services are paid by Federal, State and County funds.
For a listing of county-wide programs & services offered by Buncombe County Government, please visit our Services section.
40 Coxe Avenue
Asheville, NC 28802
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.