The Veterans Administration offers certain benefits and services to honor our Nation's deceased veterans.
- Headstones and Marker: The VA can furnish a monument to mark the unmarked grave of an eligible veteran.
- Presidential Memorial Certificate (PMC): May be provided to eligible recipients.
- Burial Flag to drape an eligible veteran's casket.
- Reimbursement of Burial Expenses: Generally, a burial allowance of up to $2,000 for veterans who die of service-related causes. For certain other veterans, $300 payment towards burial and funeral expenses and $300 for a plot.
- Burial in a VA National Cemetery: Most veterans and some dependents can be buried in a VA national cemetery.
Time Limits: There is no time limit for claiming reimbursement of burial expenses for a service-related death. In other cases, claims must be filed within 2 years of the veteran's burial.
Do you suspect abuse?
To make an adult or child protective services report any time, day or night, call the numbers below:
Child Abuse: (828) 250-5900
Adult Abuse: (828) 250-5800
Report Communicable Disease
Call (828) 250-5109 to report
Communicable Disease Reporting Form
Aging, Adult and Veteran's Services
County Veterans Assistance Officers
p. (828) 250-5726
35 Woodfin St.,
Asheville, NC 28801
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Interpreters services are available at no cost
Servicios de intérpretes disponibles sin costo alguno
Услуги переводчика предоставляются бесплатно