Social Work Services News

This news item expired on 11/30/2012, so the information below could be outdated or incorrect.
Print This Page

Save Gas - Apply Online

ePass logoDid you know...

  • You don’t have to make a trip to the Buncombe Health and Human Services office to get Food and Nutrition Services in Buncombe County?
  • You don’t need an interview to get Food and Nutrition Services in Buncombe County?

You may apply or recertify for Food and Nutrition Services:

  1. By Computer. It’s easy to apply or reapply for Food and Nutrition Services through our  E-PASS system. You can apply by going to and answering some questions about you and your family. If you can't get to a computer in your neighborhood, we have computers in our office, in the offices of our community partners and at branch libraries where you can apply online.
  2. Fill out a paper application or recertification. Pick up an application at one of the Buncombe Health and Human Services offices located at 40 Coxe Avenue and 35 Woodfin Street, or call us and we will mail one to you.  Drop off the completed application in person, send it through the mail, scan it, or fax it.
  3. Call us. Call us at (828) 250-5500 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday thru Friday, and we'll complete your application on the phone.

When you send in your application or recertification, make sure to:

  • Send a copy of your driver’s license or ID
  • Send a copy of your pay stubs (if you’re working)
  • Sign and date the application

For more information, see the flyer below.

File NameSizeTypeDate & Time Added
e-pass flyer 213 KB.pdf10/22/2012 3:13 PM