This service facilitates out-of-home placement and reunification of children and the recruitment and training of foster parents.
Things You Should Expect When Your Child Is In Foster Care
- You have a right to know why your child is in foster care.
- You have the right to meet with your social worker within one week of transfer to foster care.
- Parents and social worker will develop a Family Services Case Plan within one week of transfer which states the actions needed to be taken by parents and social worker to correct the problems that caused your child to come into custody.
- You have a right to visit your children. A visitation plan should be developed within one week of transfer to foster care.
- You have a right to be informed of your child's health and well being while in care.
- You have a right to be notified of placement moves of your child.
- You have a right to be invited to foster care review meetings which look at the progress of your case.
- You have a right to be invited to child and family team meetings.
- You will be referred to child support.
- You have a right to have calls returned promptly.
- You have a right to be treated with courtesy and respect.
If these expectations are not met, please call your social worker's supervisor.
Interested in becoming a foster parent? Find out more in our Foster Care section.
Children & Family Services
p. (828) 250-5822
40 Coxe Avenue
Asheville, NC 28802
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.