- 75 person meeting room available for community groups
- Hispanic outreach center
- West Asheville History project, including archives and model oral history program;
- Border garden with perennial flowers
- Strong video collection; magazine lounge
- Computer study area
- Toddler and story times with strong music component
- Bi-lingual staff members
- Branch newsletter
- Adult programming with strong literary and regional culture components
- 1-240 to exit 3
- 1.5 mi. west on 19/23 to Haywood Rd. on left
- 3 blocks to library on the left
The West Asheville Library are routes number 1 and 41.
The West Asheville Library is on Haywood Road between the police station and the West Asheville Baptist Church.
West Asheville Library
942 Haywood Road
Asheville, NC 28806
p. (828) 250-4750
Hours of Operation
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursdays at 11:00 a.m.
Wednesdays at 11:00 a.m.
Mother Goose Time
Mondays at 11:00 a.m.
Spanish Storytimes available on request
Cuentos para niños en español e inglés
Cuentos bilingues se presentan a solicitud al llamar 250-4750