Parks, Greenways and Recreation (PGR) Services Advisory Committee
Meets monthly on the second Wednesday of every month at 5:00 p.m. at the County Administration Building, 200 College St., Asheville, NC 28801. (More info)
||Chamber of Commerce
||North Buncombe District
|Mary Beth Kingston
||Buncombe County Schools
|R. Neil Thomas
||Asheville City Schools District
The members of the Advisory Board are appointed by the Buncombe County Board of Commissioners. They shall consist of 9 members representing the following areas:
- One from each County School District
- One member who is a resident of the City of Asheville
- Two members-at-large
- Board functions include but are not limited to:
- Assist with communicating plans, goals, and purpose to the public, government officials and other individuals and agencies.
- Assist with the development of new funding sources for the department.
- Assist with the development of long range planning for programs and facilities.
- Promote community awareness.
- Oversee community grant process. Review and make recommendations of proposed community projects as outlined in the procedural policy.
- Assist other recognized advisory groups within the department as requested.