Immunization Services include:
- Adult Vaccination Program
- Foreign Travel Vaccination Program
- For an appointment in the Foreign Travel Clinic please call 250-5096. Appointments for foreign travel should be made 4 to 6 weeks before departure date.
- All other immunization services are available on a walk-in basis from Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Clients must be signed in 30 minutes prior to close.
- Foreign travel clients should sign in 15 minutes prior to appointment time.
What to bring with you?
Immunization card showing past immunizations or "shot history".
Foreign Travel Immunization
Immunization card, travel itinerary, and current medications
Is there a fee?
There are fees for almost all adult immunizations. Contact the Immunization Clinic at 250-5096 for further information.
How is the fee paid?
BCDH currently participates with these insurance programs: Medicaid, Medicare, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, and NC Health Choice. If you are under one of these plans, we will bill them directly for both adult and child immunizations.
For adults who use some other insurance company or have no insurance at all, the client must pay in full at the time of service.
Is there a sliding scale?
There is no sliding scale for these services.
Is there a residence requirement?
Yes, for most adult immunizations the client must be a resident of Buncombe County. In accordance with state guidelines, some adult vaccines are provided regardless of county residence. (Contact Immunization Services at 250-5096 for further information.)
Linda Tettambel, RN
Clinical Services Coordinator
40 Coxe Avenue
Asheville, NC 28801
PO Box 7407
Asheville, NC 28802